You know, not many sisters get to work together every single day. I feel fortunate that I get to do this with my sister. We get to work, laugh and “play” all day long. It’s wonderful.
But today – while we’re all ROCKING THE VOTE… I’m working from home… but there’s one other thing our family is doing today…
WISHING JANE A HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
Jane and I are 2 1/2 years apart. Almost to the day. I vaguely remember my mother bringing Jane home from the hospital. Maybe I’ve created these memories more from the endless amount of photos we have, but I just remember thinking… here she is. My baby sister. And I was in love. And for the last 28 years of my life, I have had a built in best friend.
And so… on Jane’s 28th Birthday… I want to share 28 things about my sister…
1) Jane has always had the blondest hair. (Grrr…) From Nov 4th, 1980… till Nov 4th, 2008… I need to go in for full hair treatments and Jane just needs “touch-ups!”
2) Jane used to have the cutest (and most adorable) Rhode Island accent. I love watching old videos of her and watching her say “Jun-yah mints.”
3) Jane’s song with my father is “Stuck On You” by Lionel Richie. Whenever my Dad would have to go on a business trip when we were kids, this song would come on. It was beautiful seeing them dance to this song at her wedding.
4) Jane’s nickname from my brothers was “Jane-Jo-Cot-Tea-Air.” That’s how you pronounce it. I don’t know where it came from… it just did.
5) My father calls Jane (till this day) “Jet.”
6) Jane is a phenomenal skier. I don’t say that lightly. She was flying down the mountain (with parallel skis) at the age of 3. It was freaky…
7) Jane has never drank coffee. She’s a Cherry Coke Zero girl.
8) The day Jane got her license, she took a 30 mile road trip (on highway) to go visit her then-boyfriend. I was only allowed to go around the block.
9) Till this day Jane will tell you she’s a better driver then me. Apparently I “stop and go” too much.
10) Jane’s favorite Dunkin Donut is chocolate sprinkles.
11) When I had William and Alexander in NYC, the second I found out I was in labor, Jane drove with my parents to be there for me.
12) Jane’s a night owl. She’s up until midnight, 2 AM. And still be able to wake up early and function throughout the day.
13) Jane gets a kick out of the fact that my boys call her “Janie” and not “Auntie Janie.” Basically, they mimic me.
14) She doesn’t have children (yet), but Jane will be a fabulous mother. She has had that maternal piece in her all her life.
15) Jane was the one that signed me up for Twitter and Facebook. Kicking and screaming… but she said these are the best ways to communicate. It’s been a year… my goodness, she was RIGHT!
16) I can make Jane laugh by saying two words. DADDY. FACE.
17) Jane ran half marathon 2 years ago, and is training for a full marathon right now. She thoroughly enjoys running.
18) Jane is a walking Roladex. I’m not kidding. Ask her if she knows someone… somewhere… she will either have a name, or know someone who has one. I love it.
19) Jane has the bluest eyes you’ve ever seen.
20) Jane is just as beautiful in the inside, as she is on the outside.
21) Jane loves Baked Lays Original.
22) Jane’s name if she was a boy was going to be Dustin.
23) Jane’s the ONLY person (OK, besides my mother) who will tell me the truth if I ask if I “look OK.” There’s something special about knowing they’re going to give it to you straight.
24) Jane’s first car was a red VW Jetta.
25) Jane has always loved dogs. Ever since she was a little girl, she has been drawn to doggies. She is the best mommy in the world to Ryder and Seth.
26) Sunflowers mean more to Jane than anything.
27) Jane LOVES Thai food.
28) Jane is the best sister, daughter, wife, aunt… she is driven and kind and one of the funniest people I know. I wish people knew just how FUNNY Jane is… that’s something I would love the world to know!
Happy Birthday, JANE! I love you TONS!