10 things to remember when taking Taking Kids to the Pool. I crashed and burned yesterday trying. Taking Kids to the Pool isn’t easy. I thought it would be a piece of cake the 1st time and I wanted to crawl up in a ball and cry. Literally cry. I couldn’t believe how overwhelmed I was with it all. I felt bad because I could tell my kids were worried about me.
Taking Kids to the Pool
I took the boys – all 4 of them – (with the help of my mother) to our local pool club yesterday. And today.
The difference between yesterday and today was remarkable. Thanks to 10 things that I remembered to do differently… and I just need to remember to give myself a nice breather and not too hard on myself. Taking Kids to the Pool is something every mom likes to do, so I just want to make sure that I have fun with it.
Taking Kids to the Pool – 10 RULES
1. Bring a bathing suit – for MYSELF!
2. Remind my mother to bring a bathing suit – for HERSELF!
3. Apply sunblock at home… while they are confined and (gasp…) still.
4. Put the boys’ bathing suits ON at home… so as not to have 3 little “men” running around naked in the Ladies Locker Room.
5. Pack a cooler. After spending $20 on ice cream, chips, drinks and basic junk yesterday that wasn’t even eaten… today the yogurt, granola bars, orange slices and water was free and even welcomed.
6. Ditch the bag for each boy. No need to set up camp in the kiddie pool area with 5 bags… the extra-large L.L. Bean tote stuffed to the brim worked like a charm.
7. Forget sneakers and socks for William, Alexander and Benjamin. Velcro sandals are little miracles when you’re on-the-go.
8. Don’t leave sippy cups filled with the morning’s milk in the 90 degree heat… Yeah, my mother practically attacked the cup as Alexander put it up to his lips to drink!
9. Note to self: Use the bathroom before leaving the house because I won’t be using one for a good 3 hours
10. Oh, yeah. Bring a stroller for the baby’s car seat to snap into. Not fun toting around baby’s car seat as his transportation. Note: Get husband to dig my stroller system out of the garage!
What do you think of these tips for Taking Kids to the Pool???