OMG. It happened. Our baby’s 1st haircut. I literally was in tears because it’s a 1st. I mean a true 1st of a 1st. Can you imagine? It got me good. Like got me right in the heart. I couldn’t believe it. Last night it was time. We knew it. It was getting way too long and enough was enough. We needed to do something about it and QUICK! LOL! Baby’s 1sy haircut.
Baby’s 1st haircut
The poor little guy’s hair was getting so long that I could actually braid the back a little. Considering that he’s a boy… my husband and I thought it was time for the snip, snip. Guess who did his hair last night? We didn’t bring him to a fancy salon. That’s right! Baby’s 1st haircut was done by daddy himself!
I didn’t have the heart to buzz his hair.
But he did get a pretty good chop, chop.
He loved my husband cutting his hair.
Ahhh…. !! Short hair in the summertime!
Tips for Baby’s 1st Haircut
1) Keep him occupied. Maybe you’re singing or reading a book or having him watch TV. Whatever it is that you need to do, do it! Just make sure to keep him as occupied as you possibly can at home.
2) He needs to be still, so that’s the only focus for you. Keeping him still as as can for the stylist. In our case – Daddy!
3) Have a style in mind before you start cutting. You want to make sure you know what’s going to get done so you’re not wasting time trying to figure it out!
4) Just keep the focus on him, don’t even think about the hair! The more you think about the hair – the worse it will be for him!!!
5) Make sure you keep saying what a Big Girl or Big Boy he/she is during the haircut! This will go a long way, I promise!
6) Make sure you save the hair once it’s cut! You don’t want to miss out on saving the hair, especially for a baby’s 1st haircut. I have all my kids’ hair saved in little baggies. I love it. They will probably throw it away someday, LOL! But I have it and that’s all that matters to me.
7) Take photos! They don’t have to be great photos, but you want to make sure you remember the day.