As a long time member of the Pampers Baby Board, I’d like to extend warm wishes to all the parents with babies this Holiday season. For inspiration, in case you’ve never seen….. video.
I think I’ve watched this video about 50 times. It soothes my soul and is so peaceful to watch. Silent Night is one of my most favorite holiday songs and brings me back to the days of my 5 kids as little babies. It makes me smile and brings such a beautiful wave of memories back to my heart.
One of the best things about being on the Pampers Baby Board (of which I’ve been a member for over 6 years now and have loved every single second of it) is the opportunity to give back. Pampers not only have great diapers but they also do an exceptional job in making sure they give back to the community and it’s something that I just admire about them to the core. I feel very blessed to have this partnership with Pampers because it allows me to do good in my own community.
Taking inspiration from the Pampers “Peace on Earth” video above, and in connection with the season of giving, Pampers gifted me with a stipend to make the season bright and give the gift of peaceful sleep to a family in my community.
Immediately I thought of a single mom I know who has children that swim with my kids on our local swim team. I thought of her because she has 4 kids… 3 that are 12 and over, and 1 that is 18 months old. As a mom with 4 older kids and then with a much younger child, I know firsthand how tough it is to not have the older sibling hand-me-downs. Essentially you start over. You start from scratch and it’s not always easy or light on your wallet.
There are 5 things that stand out to me about this wonderful single mom, whose name I’m leaving out for privacy reasons.
1. She’s the kindest lady ever! She’d take the shirt off her back for you! She’s just that kind of lady. I’ve always admired that about her.
2. She’s a single mom, trying to make it work and hold it all together – every single day. I know it’s not easy, but she NEVER complains. EVER! She shows up every night at swim practice with a smile on her face. I always love that about her, she’s a ray of sunlight.
3. She loves her kids so much and gives them so much support and love and encouragement. She’s present in their lives and that’s a priceless gift.
4. She might struggle financially, but she never complains about it. She just works hard to give her kids what she can give them. I love that about her. She doesn’t want for much, just enough to make her family happy.
5. She just deserves a wonderful holiday gift and surprise. When Pampers brought this opportunity my way, I immediately thought of her! It was a no-brainer. I wanted to gift this to her because I know it will help her out this season.
So… what to gift her with to achieve a peaceful night sleep?
I thought it would fun to give her items to make this holiday season bright.
Diapers… wipes… cozy PJ’s… toys… and some books!
I had the chance to gift her this incredible package from Pampers yesterday. To say she was appreciative is an understatement. She teared up. She let me know how much this would help them out and how much she needed it right now. She was surprised that the timing of this because it came when she really needed it for her little guy! That made me so happy! I had given her the heads up the day before about this, so she knew it was coming, but she didn’t know what it would be or how much of it! I can honestly say, it warmed my heart. I had to hold back tears myself.
And just so you know what kind of woman she is… she knew I was coming with a special gift. She had NO idea what it would be at all. When she met up with me yesterday, she brought me 2 packages of chocolate milk for my sons because she always sees them drinking it on the pool deck.
That’s this kind of woman.
She didn’t want to receive anything without giving back, even though I know it’s not easy for her to do right now.
That’s why I thought of her.
Good things should come to good people and I was so honored to be part of this exchange on behalf of Pampers.
I wish for her and her family, especially her little guy a peaceful holiday season! It was truly an honor being a Pampers Elf and being able to spread good wishes and cheer!
Thank you to Pampers!